Hips or low back feeling tight? Day-to-day activities (like sitting at a computer/desk for several hours or standing on a hard surface for long periods of time) can cause the low back and hip muscles to tighten and joints to become compressed. Child’s pose is a great stretch to perform to help elongate muscles, alleviate joint compression and minimize that nagging pain.
1) Position yourself on your hands and knees on a stable surface (i.e. on a floor with a mat underneath you).
2) Keeping your knees slightly wider than your hips, slowly lean your buttocks onto your heels. (If your thighs and hips are tight, then lean back to your comfort level)
2) Next, slowly bend forward and rest your chest over your thighs and knees (Again, remember to go to your comfort level so lean as far as you can).
3) Now, reach both arms in front of you. Focus on lengthening from your hips to your armpits.
4) Hold this stretch for 30-seconds to 1-minute, controlling your breathing and making sure to relax your neck, mid back, shoulders and hips with each breath.
Have questions on how chiropractic care or what stretches can help alleviate daily aches and pains? Give Realign Chiropractic Redefined a call today to get the information you want- (480)393-9600. We also offer online scheduling!